Middle East and North Africa
Country / Countries:
The "Tunisia ICT Competitiveness Project" aimed to promote entrepreneurship and assist SMEs in select sectors using a three pronged approach:
Task 1: Stimulate ICT Entrepreneurship and Company Development
- Partner with ICT and ICT-enabled companies to provide enterprise-level technical assistance and training.
- Partner with financial institutions to facilitate access to finance and equity investment.
- Assist companies in identifying, developing, and penetrating export markets.
- Identify six non-ICT sectors with growth potential and provide companies with jobs to fill in those sectors, cost-shared training and technical assistance to help them to upgrade.
Task 2: Growing and Developing the Workforce
- Partner with companies to provide training opportunities linked to job placement.
- Improve workforce skills to increase employability.
- Support enhancements to ICT higher education to better meet the needs of employers
- Cofinance skills gap training for job candidates
- Develop labor market supply and demand data and create employment events.
Task 3: Developing ICT Policy and Regulatory Reform
- Assess major ICT-relevant laws and regulations.
- Identify the legal and regulatory constraints impeding ICT and ICT-enabled growth.
- Support the development of ICT policy and regulatory reform strategy